Much of the suffering (stress, discouragement) we experience is related to our adjustment to typical life changes. These changes can include things like:
- Making a fresh start in life
- Loss of a relationship or death of a loved one
- New work situation or career change
- Moving to a new home
- Becoming a caregiver
- Starting a new relationship
- Entering a new phase of life (higher education, marriage, parenting, empty-nesting, retirement)
- Recovering from an illness or learning to live with a chronic condition
Dr. Ochester helps clients adjust to life changes through processing grief and loss issues, re-examining values, focusing on strengths, fostering hope, developing resilience, and moving toward acceptance of things that are outside of one’s control.
If you or a loved one is struggling with adjustment to life changes, don’t hesitate to use our secure, HIPAA compliant scheduling system to make an appointment with Dr. Ochester to discuss your concerns and see how she might help.